Word Factory Apprentice Award 2021/22
It is a tremendous honour to welcome two talented writers to the Word Factory family – the winners of the 2021/22 Word Factory Apprentice Award.
We are proud that the award, offering a place in the Word Factory community and nine-month mentorship, has created a national template for developing writing talent since 2014 with the support of Arts Council England, and our partners this year New Writing North and the Society of Authors.
Enormous thanks to all our supporters, apprentices and judges – and this year in particular to mentors Toby Litt and Catherine Menon, and to judges Leone Ross, Paul McVeigh, Cathy Galvin and Will Mackie.
What we write transforms not only ourselves but the world around us. That’s a big commitment and we are looking forward to working with the recipients of the award and their fellow alumnae as we prepare for our tenth anniversary in 2022.
– Cathy Galvin. Director and founder, The Word Factory
WORD FACTORY APPRENTICE AWARD ALUMNAE AND MENTORS
- Carys Davies , Melissa Wan
- Chris Power, Clare Howdle
- Lisa Blower, Roya Khatiblou
- Leone Ross, Giselle Leeb
- Courttia Newland, Natalia Theodoridou
- KJ Orr, Farhana Khalique
- Jenn Ashworth, Sharon Telfer
- Tom Lee, Georgina Aboud
- Nikesh Shukla, Avani Shah
- Alexei Sayle, Durre Shawar
- Zoe Gilbert, Melissa Fu
- Jarred McGinnis, Fergus Evans
- Adam Marek, Kerstin Twatchmann
- Stella Duffy, Rebecca Swirsky
- Alex Preston, Holly Dawson
- Nicholas Royle, Uschi Gatward
- Jacob Ross, Claire Adam
- Vanessa Gebbie, Divya Ghelani
- Professor Ailsa Cox, Emily Devane