Last updated: 23 May, 2018
At Word Factory, we are committed to protecting your personal information and preserving the privacy of those who ask to receive information from us and visit our website.
Use of Your Information
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you – notably our newsletter/ invitations. If you have opted-in to receive our newsletter we will store your name and email address in our newsletter system and you may receive occasional emails with offers and information. You can unsubscribe anytime using the link at the bottom of our emails.
In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our events, activities, services and publications.
- To provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you.
- To inform you of any changes to our website, services, activities or products.
- To understand your needs, provide you with a better service and to promote our work for the following reasons: internal record keeping. Using the information to improve our courses, activities and services. We may aggregate information anonymously to provide statistics to evaluate our work and feedback to funders, such as Arts Council England, about our performance. Occasionally we may use your information to contact your for research purposes. We may use the information to customise the website or our other activities according to your responses.
- We never give your details to third parties to use your data to enable them to provide you with information regarding unrelated goods or services.
Information That We Collect
In running and maintaining our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data which helps us assess how the organisation is developing and could improve.
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for information or make a purchase from our Vimeo archive.
- Information about any bookings, donations, memberships, payments and purchases and other correspondence and records and international between you and Word Factory.
- If you do not want us to send you invitations and information through MailChimp or similar services and/or if do not want to buy tickets or book events via Eventbrite or access our films via Vimeo but wish to do so directly from us, contact our Director Cathy Galvin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Storing Your Personal Data
We do our utmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is stored securely. Unfortunately the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, sending such information is at your own risk.
Cookies are very small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit some websites.They are used to measure how you use the website so it can be updated and improved based on your needs.
Our Cookies will not identify you personally
We may gather information about your general internet use by using the cookie. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally; it is statistical data which does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any Cookies from us in the future or other companies and organisations if you wish. This can be done within the “settings” section of your computer. For more information please read the advice at AboutCookies.org.
Disclosing Your Information
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer.
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Links To Other Websites
Controlling your personal information
You have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com, or by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any promotional emails we send you.
- We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about relevant third parties alongside our own information if we think you may find it interesting.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable.
- If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact The Word Factory, c/o Pooleys, Altarnun, Cornwall PL15 7SJ
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.